Mumbai is one of the most popular spots and is a must-visit city if you want to enjoy the glitz and glamour. It is home to the Hindi Film Industry or Bollywood and is a cosmopolitan city with modern culture. You can enjoy a lot here including shopping, sightseeing, and great food too. The popular spots like Gateway of India, Bandra Worli Sea Link, Hanging Gardens Shri Siddhivinayak Temple, and Malabar Hill are a must-visit. You can also enjoy looking at the home of popular Actors and celebrities who all reside here. The Juhu seashore and Marine Drive give a stunning view of the sea here. Mumbai has a great nightlife too that should be explored.
The city of Celebrities and The city of dreams named Mumbai. It has seen its habitation and seen the Stone Age. Earlier Bombay or Bambai as popularly known as witnessed many dynasties ruling over its land. The capital city of the state of Maharastra got its new name Mumbai on March 1996.
This culture rich city has gained much popularity because of its Cinema famed as Bollywood, which is the dream destination of each musician, actor and dancer.
Places to visit in Mumbai
Mumbai holds very significant tourist places of the country and that’s why is always flooded with thousands of tourists, making their way in the crowd of the city. The top tourist attraction of Mumbai that should not be missed
Gateway of India
- It was actually a permanent gateway built in 1924 to welcome King George V and Queen Mary to Bombay from Britain. The grand structure is now a typical icon of the city.
- A perfect blend of architecture and religion, the mosque of Haji ali stands in the Arabian sea. It sees people beyond the boundaries religion, thus welcomes the devotees of every religion.
Ajanta Elora Caves
- These ancient rock-cut caves have lots of artistic works to display. The place is the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and sees visitors from across the world.
- The 2000 years old fort calls the tourists as well as the trekkers to offer the scenic view of Nedhe. The place provides a chance to peep into India’s rich past and heritage.
- This less popular tourist spot, tucked in the Matheran hill, gives panoramic view of the mountains and waterfalls around.
Things to Do in Mumbai
Apart from looking for your favorite Celebs in Mumbai, one can do a variety of activities here.
Ferry Ride off The Gateway of India
- The breath taking view of the city amidst the Arabian Sea is truly a treat. Do not miss the ride once you are here.
Shopping at Chor Bazar
- for all the shopping buffs, the place is a must visit. Pack your packs with varieties of goodies at stealing prices.
Wild life at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Don’t confuse if someone calls it Borivali National Park. The place offers wildlife exploration, safaris, mini train ride, boating and trekking, what else one can ask for?
Sunset at Bandstand
- The shores of Mumbai gives the unique sunset experience to be remembered lifelong.
Trekking at Various Places
– There are many places for trekking in Mumbai. These are perfect for adventure lover.
Best time to visit Mumbai
Mumbai looks its best in the Months of November till February. You can enjoy the pleasant winter here. Because in summers you will too much humidity and in monsoon you will not able find a road to walk.
Things to Eat in Mumbai
The Mumbaikars are the most foodie people of the country. Their taste of food is surely going to amuse you. Do try some of these signature dishes of the city:
- You cannot imagine Mumbai without vada pao. The tasty combination of bun with cutlet serves as a daily breakfast for thousands of on-rush peoples of Mumbai.
- The tangy spicy blend of vegetables served with the popular pav bread if the Mumbai’s speciality. The dish sees its place one in every 3 stalls.
The Bombay sandwich
- The authentic dish of the Mumbai deriving its name from its parent city, The Bombay sandwich gives perfectly shaped bread layers stuffed with lots of vegetables and cheese.
- As the city of Lord Ganesha, Mumbai promoted Ganesha’s fav sweet dish too. Prepared in lot of styles around the country, Mumbai serves you the perfect Modak.
- The perfect amalgamation of yellow gram with jiggery sizzled with some cardmon and nutmegs, rolled into the wheat dough to form a shape of paratha, and are one of the tempting dishes of this region. Ah!! I am salivating reading this.