Dakshinachitra nestled away from Chennai downtown, the living history museum is designed to captivate the history and cultural buff and to bring back the charm of the not-so-millennials. Dakshinchitra museum is primarily dedicated to South Indian heritage, art, and culture. The journey of the living museum commences with a short film about the deeply rooted traditions of the various communities in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu in 03 different languages English, Hindi, and Tamil. It will take 4 to 5 hours to explore this museum.
Best Time to Visit
There is no particular time is recommended to visit this place. you can visit here anytime all over the year.
Dakshinachitra Ticket Price
- Entry fees for the Indian tourists are 110 rs per person and during festivals, it remains 130 rs per person.
- For foreign tourists, entry charges are 250rs per person.
- Entry fees for the children (5 to 12 years) are 30 rs.
- 50 to 75 rs charges for the Indian students (13 to 18 years) and 70rs for the foreigner students
- You need to pay 150 rs extra to carry a professional & SLR camera.
- It remains open from 10 am to 6 pm every day except Tuesday.
- Apart from Diwali, it remains close on all national holidays.
Dakshinachitra Contact number for more inquiry: +91-44-27472603, +91-44-27472783