Jhansi fort is one of the popular tourist destinations of Jhansi. It is spread over a 15-acre area and built in the north Indian style of architecture. This fort has 10 gates and there are the temples of Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesha inside the fort. Jhansi Mahotsav is celebrated every year in the month of January-February where many artists and personalities perfroms their play.
- This fort was the residence of Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi. She fought against the British East India company in 1857. This fort is the witness of war which was led by fearless Rani Laxmi Bai. At the time of the uprising, She and her army fought for two weeks.
- It remains open from 6 am to 6 pm on all days of the week.
- 15 rs per person for Indian people
- 200 rs per person for foreign people.
Visiting Duration Requires
- You need 1 hour to explore this fort.