Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area in Gujarat, India, 70 kilometers from Vadodara and 20 kilometers from Champaner. The sanctuary is also known for its beautiful and dense forests, which provide these animals with natural habitats. It has a total area of about 130 square kilometers. It is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, including wild boars, nilgais, hyenas, jackals, sloth bears, barking deer, chausinghas, and leopards. Overall, the sanctuary is well-known for its rich and diverse natural beauty and the opportunity it offers visitors to experience and explore the wilderness. Camping, trekking, and wildlife spotting are among the recreational activities available at the sanctuary.
Best Time to Visit Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary
The months of October to March are ideal for visiting Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary because the weather is cooler and more pleasant. This is also the time of year when the animals are most active, making sightings more likely.
How to Reach Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary
- By Air: The closest airport is in Vadodara, about an hour's drive away from the sanctuary.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is in Vadodara.
- By Road: Regular buses run from Vadodara and Panchmahal to Jambughoda, the closest town to the sanctuary.
Nearby Locations of Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary
- Statue of Unity
- Vadodara (70 km)
- Pavagadh Hill (50 km)
- Champaran Botanical Garden (60 km)
- Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary (80 km)
- Dabhoi Fort (60 km)