Manali and its History, Culture
Manali although rich in its ancestral art and culture, has preserved its form under its boundaries. The typical art of this region can less commonly be found across the country.
The rich traditional legacy and ancestral heritage of this region have remained unaltered and unaffected by the rapid industrialization of the modern era.
Places to visit in Manali
Manali is a different experience in itself. This small hilly town holds a different form of India. The people, their lifestyle, places all are worth studying. Here are the top places at Manali to pay a visit -
- Prashar Lake - The beautiful lake tucked amidst the snow capped mountains is a place worth visiting near Manali.
- Hidimba Devi Temple - The temple worshipping consort of Bhima is rare to find anywhere else in the world. Visit this unique temple also because of its stunning location.
- Hampta Pass – Do visit to capture some unique pictures and memories.
Things to Do in Manali
Manali has been serving as the exotic Indian tourist destination since years, so it has discovered many fun activities that will please the visitors. The perfect location of the town makes it optimum for-
- River-Rafting - The water lovers with adrenaline shoots must surely go for river rafting at Manali. The unleashed water waves of the place are sure to make you go awe.
- Paragliding - Fly high exploring the lush green mountains of the town. Paragliding is one of the most loved adventure sports here.
- Skiing - Solang Valley at Manali is famous for offering this less encountered adventure sport. Don’t miss the chance of experience this exclusive sport.
- Zorbing - The treat from Manali is still not over. Encase yourself in the ball and go round bouncing on the green fields of Manali.
- Jeep Safari - The most frequently opted activity at Manali is its Jeep Safari. The ride gives an opportunity to get close to the highest mountain peaks and enjoy its magnificence.
Best time to visit Manali
Manali looks best with snow falls. Visit in the season of winter i.e. October to January to cherish the real beauty of the place.
Things to Eat in Manali
Manali has the antique cuisine that you won’t find anywhere else. Try these Manali specialty delicacies to get soaked in the flavor of the city.
- Sidu – Sidu is very one of the popular dishes of Himachal Pradesh. You would be able to find this in Kullu, Manali and Shimla easily.
- Patande - These sweet tortillas made of batter of milk, wheat flour and sugar are the most loved breakfast of the city.
- Dham -This is a typical wedding preparation that is a combo ofrice, a variety of curries, vegetables, curd and sweet.
- Aktori - Try this nutrition riched buckwheat cake to keep you energized all day long.
- Masala Omelette - The most readily available street food of Manali is a tortilla of egg, garnished with spices to be escaped between bread loafs.