Mount Abu is one of the popular hill stations situated in the Aravalli Range and is located in Rajasthan, India. It is home to waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and evergreen forests. The place is also known for its Dilwara Jain temples. For Hindus, Mount Abu possesses special importance because As per the old tale, sage Vashistha died here. If you want to experience the colorful side of Rajasthan, Mount Abu Market will be the place for you. Explore Rajasthani handicrafts and other items in the local market here.
Nearby Places to Visit:
- Nakki Lake: Nakki Lake is a famous and the most beautiful place in the Rajasthan region. There are several mythological tales behind this lake and the main attractions here are the gardens surrounding it. You can also enjoy a boat ride on the beautiful lake. The area around this lake is full of a number of hotels, resorts, villas, and homestays that give you amazing lake views from your room and also suit your budget.
- Dilwara Jain Temples: Dilwara Jain Temples is one of the best Jain temples recognized internationally for its fantastic structure and spectacular marble stone carvings. It is located simply 2.5 kilometers far from Mount Abu, this temple was constructed between the 11-13 century AD, and the stunning lush green hills surrounding close to the temple offer a completely pleasant feeling.
- Guru Shikhar: Guru Shikhar is known as the highest peak of the Aravalli Range it is situated just 15 kilometers from Mount Abu. Guru Shikhar provides a magnificent panoramic view of Mount Abu town and the green surrounding of the Aravalli range. According to history, our legendary King Prithviraj Chauhan is believed to have come here to see his bride and consummate his marriage with her.
- Sunset point: One of the most recognizable attractions of Mount Abu is the incredible sunset point that you can observe here. A spot liked and preferred by pretty much every tourist and traveler, in case there is anything you can call wonderful, it is this without a doubt Mount Abu.
- Honeymoon Point: Found near Nakki Lake, Honeymoon Point is one of the heartfelt spots to visit in Mount Abu for vacation. The Honeymoon Point has been named due to the presence of two rocks at the site taking after a man and a lady. It is particularly famous among couples and photographers for its ambiance and panoramas.
- Brahma Kumaris Ashram: These temples are famous for their intricate carvings and stunning architecture and are a must-visit for anyone visiting Mount Abu.
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is home to a wide range of wildlife including sloth bears, leopards, and sambar deer as well as numerous bird species.
- Achalgarh Fort: Its 14th-century fort is noted for its outstanding architecture and historical significance.
- Sunset Point:
- Toad Rock
- Adhar Devi Temple
- Honeymoon Point
- Trevor's Tank
Things to Do in Mount Abu:
- Sightseeing: Explore The Hill Station: Apart from trekking, camping, and mountaineering One of the excellent and most popular activities in Mount Abu is sightseeing. As it's home to many cultural and historical landmarks so you will get lots of opportunities here. In addition to natural splendors, you can also enjoy visiting other locations like Dilwara Jain Temple, Nakki Lake, Toad Rock, Guru Shikhar, Achalgarh Fort, and Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Boating at Nakki Lake: One of the best things to do in Mount Abu is to take a tour of Nakki Lake popularly known as the Nakki Jheel where you can enjoy boating. This lake is located in the heart of Mount Abu and is known for its row boats, row boats, and shikhara. They are available from 30 minutes to 1 hour and you enjoy the surrounding beauty of the lush green hills and forests. In addition to boating, zorbing, and horse riding, it can also be enjoyed on the bank of the lake.
- Trekking to the Highest Peak Of Aravalli: Guru Shikhar: If you like trekking or camping then Guru Shikhar (Mount Abu) is the hotspot at Aravalli Mountain, and It has one of the most amazing trekking trails and camping grounds found in and around the wildlife sanctuary in Mount Abu. Trekking through forest trails and camping overnight in tents is relaxing and rejuvenating which makes the vacation exciting and daring.
- Camping in Aravali Hills: Camping is another exciting adventure that you can enjoy here. Eco camping is another must-try option for all adventure seekers. It is less costly in terms of the luxury it offers. So Go ahead to taste the mouthwatering home-cooked food of local cuisines, and spend amazing moments amid nature.
- Enjoy the sunset at Sunset Point
- Explore Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit the Dilwara Jain Temples
Best Time to Visit:
Although Mount Abu is a year-round attraction, the months of November to March are considered the ideal months to visit.
How to Reach:
The nearest airport to Mount Abu is Udaipur Airport, which is approximately 185 km away.
The nearest railway station to Mount Abu is Abu Road Railway Station, which is about 28 km away.
Mount Abu is well connected by road to major cities in Rajasthan and nearby states. The distance between Ahmedabad and Mount Abu is 220 km. The distance between Udaipur and Mount Abu is 160 km. The distance between Jaipur and Mount Abu is 500 km. Abu Road to Mount Abu Distance by Bus is 15 km.