Salim Ali bird sanctuary is located on Chorao Island which is in the southern part of Goa. This bird sanctuary is given the name of the birdman of India, Dr. Salim Ali. It is said that Dr. Salim Ali bird sanctuary is an ornithologist's paradise and home to over 473 species of birds. It takes 4 to 5 hours to explore this bird sanctuary. This is a perfect place for birds, nature, and adventure lovers.
Best Time to Visit Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Winter is the perfect time to visit when migratory birds visit and stay for a while.
Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary Timings
- The opening time of this sanctuary is 6 am in the morning and the closing time is 6 pm evening.
- It remains open every day.
Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary Tickets
- Entry fees for Indian tourist are 10 rs per person and for foreign tourists 100 rs per person.
- There are extra charges of 24 rs to carry a still camera and 150 rs to carry a camcorder.